Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rants at 49-1/2 no wait 49 3/4

Why does everything upset me these days? I asked myself earlier this morning.



The state of politics - Clinton and Obama and McCain and how we all have to be politically correct. Who decided what's politically correct? Who was in Charge of making those decisions? No one called me and asked my opinion or what i thought or asked for my input but here we are all adhering to someone's who made the decision what's correct politically and what's not. That's enough for today on this subject.



Quitting smoking (I contribute to a blog) What a royal pain in the ass that's been(quitting not contributing) but I've managed to make it almost 2 whole months without cheating, the first time in my life. There's ad after ad telling me I'm going to die if I don't quit, that others are suffering from 2nd hand smoke......I just gave in and got pissed off and decided to quit.



How to dress at 50! This pisses me off. For the first time in a long time, I've stopped to take a look at how I should dress at 50 - again with someone else deciding how 50 year olds should dress and making the world believe this is the way it should be done! Look at the shows that are on out there! Fact is - no one caters to this group of women that I can find any way. MORE Magazine is the only one that comes close to even making sense.



Make up or no make up, flawless skin or flawed skin.......Get with the program people, everyone has flawed skin unless we can all be airbrushed before we leave the house.



Gray hair vs dyed hair. I flat give up. I now have a Jamie Lee Curtis type hair cut all my gray shows and you know what? I love it!



P.S. Here's another news flash for you - Men don't really ever look at your hair anyway! Took me until I am almost 50 to learn that one! What will I learn by the time I'm 60?



Reality TV - what happened to sitcoms? or dramas? Why in the world is there a show called Clean House? Who gives a crap what someone elses house looks like cluttered or uncluttered?



Rules for Blogging? Why are there rules? IT's my blog, I'm not blogging to make others happy, I'm blogging because I want to, for some reason it relieves stress for me.



More rants for later - Swimsuits now there's a rant!

No comments: