Thursday, March 13, 2008

Metabolism Sucks at 50

I have to say, I quit smoking back in Jan but officially in February. I started going to the gym faithfully. Gave up drinking except on Friday nights with my group of friends and normally I drink water most of the evening.

My eating habits haven't changed a bit. We eat well, lots of greens, healthy vegies, etc.

My husband looks like Jack Sprat and of course you can guess how I look.

Anyway, I work out 6 days out of 7 for at least 30 minutes of tough cardio with my heart in the 80% of what it's supposed to be.

I've not lost one ounce of body fat, not one pound, and barely 1/2 inch at my waist. It's so frustrating to try and be healthy, it's not all it's cracked up to be mind you.

What's up with that? When I smoked like a freight train I could take weight off with no problem, drank like a fish and always ate healthy but now.......forgetaboutit!

But hey I'm healthy now aren't I? Working out every day, not smoking not drinking just being a little health nut, but I have to tell you it really sucks. But I'll get through IT, maybe.

I'm hoping that my quitting smoking and working out are on some kind of curve trying to get to each other somewhere in the middle and some of this fat will dissipate or flat melt away when they cross each other. Otherwise when I turn 85, I plan on smoking again!

No comments: